I've been a pretty slack blogger this year! You'll have to stick with me. Hopefully next year I'll have a bit more time to do some writing. In the meantime, MERRY CHRISTMAS!
2014 was devoted to being our 'Year of Slow' and in some ways we accomplished that. It felt slower due to us not flying anywhere, though I did add work to my weekly routine.
Since I last wrote, I have set up a little office space in a room at the back of the house and it's working great. It's a very short commute (compared to Ben's 4-hours on the train three days a week) and I love being able to work when I want to. The last couple of months have been little-to-no-pressure which has been wonderful.
The kids are all doing well. Big M is still swimming once a week and loves it. She can dog-paddle on her own (with wings and a life vest on). O is still afraid of the pool (and getting haircuts) but hopefully we'll get past that. He loves racing around on his "beetle" and still loves his cars. Little M loves playing with dolls and singing. We often wake up in the morning to her belting out "Let it Go" from Frozen, "Happy Birthday" or "Twinkle Twinkle". We'll get her swimming lessons started when we get back from Canada.
We often take the kids to an indoor play centre that they love. It was finished this year and it full of all sorts of equipment for their age group. A few hours there tires them out and they have good coffee which we appreciate!
B has been playing cricket on Saturdays which he is enjoying. Unfortunately for him I don't understand a thing about cricket so it's a bit anti-climactic for him when he tells me what happened during a game. A whole lot of numbers come out of his mouth and my eyes start to glaze over. I'll figure it out someday. Maybe.
Pool is on hiatus at the moment and doesn't start back until mid-January. I'll be playing with the same team I played with last season. Hopefully this year we get a trophy. These last two seasons have been the first for my team not winning anything.
B's 39th birthday is coming up this Thursday and he's booked us in for a morning game of tennis. Hopefully we don't hurt ourselves, we haven't played since we were in Hawaii last year.
We're getting ready for Christmas. B picked up a Christmas tree and we set it up on Saturday morning. Big M let out a big "WOW" which you may have seen on video. It was very sweet. As of today I've finished all of my Christmas shopping. The kids are at a great age this year, it'll be a lot of fun. I can't wait to see their little faces when they open their presents!
If you haven't heard already, Little M and I will be flying back to B.C. Feb 13th. I can't wait! It'll be a nice change to come with one of the kids instead or two or three, though I'll miss the twins and B. My mom will be coming back with us and staying in Australia for a month, so we'll have a nice long visit with each other in 2015.
We have plans to move back to B.C. just before Christmas next year. In the meantime we need to save some money, we have a plan worked out, and I hope it all comes to fruition!
By the looks of things 2015 may be the 'Year of Fast'!

2 comments:
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY" B. "MERRY CHRISTMAS" to you ALL! See you in the new year.
Love,
Mom
Come in November and I can drag you to my grad ceremony :)
Post a Comment