I've decided that I'm tired of looking BLEH. For the past 2+ years I've been wearing either maternity or "comfy" clothes, some days not even bothering to get out of my pyjama's, so it's about time for a change.
I've re-discovered my old clothes in the last couple of weeks, and I have been trying to look a bit nicer before I leave the house (most of the time). In the last two days I've even put a little makeup on.
Little M and I are booked in to get our hair done on M's birthday. She needs a little trim and I want to get bangs cut. In half of my photos in the last two years, I look like I'm wearing a toupee, growing out my cropped haircut, so I need to fix that. My hair is ALMOST long enough to put back in a ponytail now, I'm growing it out again.
I've been losing a bit of weight too. I'm down to 164 lbs (from 171 lbs) and I am in a healthy BMI range. I've been going to the gym, at least two days a week, and doing yoga once a week, over the last two months. I'm getting stronger. I'm trying to watch my diet too and so far, it's working.
So, 2014 is the year of SLOW and the year of getting fit and healthy! B, his dad and I have a bet on to see who will lose the most percentage of weight and I think I'm ahead. It looks like I might be getting a free dinner soon. Win-win!

No comments:
Post a Comment