Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Not What I Needed

One thing you don't need when your 8.5 months pregnant is ten days in a row of temperatures over 30 degrees. It just happened.

What makes these ten days harder is when it's too hot to go outside and push 50 pounds worth of babies and a stroller, and when your house doesn't have air conditioning and ends up hotter than the outdoors by 3pm.  Turning the stove and oven on isn't too appealing either so dinners have been lacking.  Last night I plonked myself down in the twins turtle pool, filled with water, in my pyjamas. Yup. I felt a little bit like Shamu.

It's finally cooled down today.  I've never been more happy to see clouds, wind and perhaps even some rain.  I've still got all the windows open and the fans on full blast - the cool breeze is feeling mighty fine!

3 comments:

Lee said...

What? No pictures of this pool adventure?

Karie said...

Yes, we are all feeling for you here. Definitely can relate to summer heat and big and preggo!!
Soon your days of "sitting on the nest" will be behind you. take care

Heather said...

I agree with Lee. PICTURES NEEDED ASAP. ;)