I found out not too long ago that a local pool league runs in town. I was quite excited by this at first, it meant I could keep playing and meet a few new locals. I've now played a handful of times, and my team is in the finals, but the novelty is wearing off.
Though I do enjoy having a night out, it takes me over an hour to drive to most of the venues. I've also discovered that I only get to play two games in a night.
The drive back into The Prom is pretty dangerous at night - I've counted up to 25 kangaroos, 12 wallabies, 9 wombats, 2 deer, and a handful of foxes and rabbits pouncing around on the trip back. If I hit just one animal I'd be devastated, not to mention the damage it would do to the car and possibly me.
Am I loyal and adventurous or just stupid?
And another thing, the summer league rules are the same ones I'm used to, however, playing a snooker/safety shot is frowned upon. This changes the game completely. So, instead of playing a winning snooker shot you are forced to play the impossible shot-that's-going-nowhere so you don't upset the other player. This doesn't fly well with me but, when in Rome...
The chances of me signing up for winter league are slim. If I lived in town playing league would certainly be a fun night out but for now it looks like my favorite hobby could be on hiatus for a while.

No comments:
Post a Comment