We booked our flights home today with a what-is-to-be a wonderful stop-over in Maui. Hopefully my mama (and possibly B's mom and dad) will be joining us.
We figured we'd break up the long flight to B.C. and you might as well do it in style. It'll be interesting to see K!hei again after....ooh, 18 years. Ouch. The plan is to stay in the same area as we used to holiday, across from that beautiful beach. I'm hoping it's as fantastic as I remember it to be.
O & M will be 8 months old when we head over, younger than I even was on my first trip to the Hawaiian Islands. Traveling with two infants will be challenging, just not too challenging we hope.
Unfortunately the babies probably won't remember the trip when they're older, but maybe this can be a yearly tradition like it used to be in my family. I have very fond memories of the beaches, the pool, dinners overlooking sunsets, brunches with birds fluttering about, geckos, and the smell of plumeria and concrete stairwells.
I'm going to try and arrange for the babies to have both their Australian and Canadian passports before we go, they'll be dual citizens before their one which I think is pretty cool!

No comments:
Post a Comment