Saturday, March 5, 2011

Dreaming

B has gone back home this weekend so I've been left all alone.  I took Rusty down to the park today and found myself dreaming of travel destinations. 

Here is my Top 5 for 2011:


No. 5 - India - The thought of traveling to this destination frightens me a little.  People I have met that have been there have either had fantastic or horrible experiences.  I imagine the people would be very friendly but it would be a nightmare getting anywhere.  I also imagine you'd spend a good week on the toilet.  I think India is probably a must-see just to meet it's people and experience the chaos. Imagine the stories you'd return with!

No. 4 - Hawaii.  Even though I've been there many times I am looking forward to going back.  I have very fond memories of Maui and would love to see it again now that I'm older.  I'd probably do a lot more snorkeling, maybe some diving, eat at all the restaurants I remember loving and try and find Tony, my old tennis teacher.  I think I would appreciate the beauty of it a lot more.

No. 3 - French Polynesia.  This is one of those, 'if I had a million dollars, where would I go?' destinations.  Your own hut on the ocean - check!  The bluest ocean you've ever seen - check!  Beautiful white sand beaches - check!  Coconut trees - check!  Hammock - check! This is luxury at it's finest and oh my how I would love to see it!

No. 2 -  Italy.  Visiting a country known for it's fabulous food?  Yes please!  Pizza, coffee, pasta, olives, cheese, wine and on and on.  Beautiful rolling hills and vineyards, Rome, Venice, Florence, Naples and all it's history.  If I get there I might not leave.  

No. 1 - Spain.  If I were to go anywhere in Europe this is my top choice.  I just get the feeling I would love it.  Delicious tapas, beaches, a mix of old and new architecture, the Spanish people, bull fighting and maybe a little flamenco dancing!  I want to spend a month there seeing as much as I can.  Olá!

4 comments:

villagegirl said...

That picture is pure heaven!
I agree with you on the top 4. You are much braver than I indeed. :)

Karie said...

Ah...dreams....
Thanks for reminding me about dreaming....

Mama said...

You want to make me improve my dream life! I don't dream very much!

Heather said...

Can I come, too?