Monday, February 21, 2011

Close Encounters

I'm not quite sure how I managed to avoid this one, but B and his friend Michael discovered a HUGE huntsman in my car last week.  As Michael went to reach down for his seat belt, on the passengers side where I normally sit, he saw it.  B tells me it was 'a big one, about the size of the palm of his hand' (he's 6'-3" remember!).  B tells me they both jumped out of the car, swept it out and drove off. 

So, from now on B gets in Lola first, checks under the visors and I scan the car thoroughly before sitting down. We took her for a full cleaning last weekend as well, just to make sure mama spider vacated.  There have been no signs of any spider webs since the cleaning, so for now I just have to try and trust she and all her little spidey friends are gone.

** Do not scroll down if you're squeamish!!**


3 comments:

Lee said...

YYYYUUUUCCCCKKKK! You need to put a spider eating creature in your car. Maybe the earless white cat eats spiders?

Mama said...

It's a wonder you get back into the car! That's a brave person holding it on their hand (obviously not yours).

Heather said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I would have freaked. Seriously. I don't know if I ever would recover from that freak out session, either. I think I'd be huddled in a corner, rocking with my hands around my knees, and constantly being on the lookout for another one. UGH.

I still seriously check my towel and robe every morning after finding a GIANT (not huntsman spider giant, but giant for Canadian standards) spider on the wall in my bathroom. And, that was over a year and a bit ago.

Hurry up and come home. Our spiders aren't that big.