Monday, March 15, 2010

Super Pooper League


Yesterday I played my 2nd round robin with the Victoria Womens Superleague. It almost never happened as Friday night I received a text from my team captain M asking me to call her back about the dress code. This is a portion of the message: "...Superleague has a dress code and if a player is wearing the wrong type of slacks then they are not allowed to play. I noticed your black pants when we played that Sunday had flaps near the back pockets and I wanted to ask you if they are exterior pockets attached to the pants? Exterior pockets are not allowed....you might want to bring another pair of pants just in case. Please call me to discuss." How about NO!?

I'm sure most of you can imagine my reaction. Considering this league allows smoking, drinking, swearing, arguing and horrible sportsmanship I have a hard time believing they care so much about what we wear. This would never happen in a mens league (sorry buddy, but you're belt isn't the right colour black) - no wonder there aren't that many women playing pool!

Irritating rules aside, I won 5/6 of my games yesterday which makes a total of 16 wins out of 18 games so far! I hope I continue my winning streak all season!

The next Superleague competition is this Sunday.
(Photo by me!)

2 comments:

Lee said...

Nice job! Photo and winning streak. Did you wear your pants anyways?

Katherine said...

Yup, I wore the pants and no one said a word! It's the only black pair I have!