I think I have an addiction. I blame it on my mother and her need to own books rather than borrowing them from the library. It's not my fault. I want them, I need them, I love them and I have to have them, even if I'll never read them again! At the rate I'm going, buying two books a month at $30/book, this is turning out to be an expensive vice.
My habitual weekend habit of reading the arts section of the paper doesn't help either. Articles on the latest and greatest bestsellers, often sends me running to my favorite bookshop around the corner (literally). No doubt you will find me perusing the aisles, sometimes just browsing and sometimes purchasing that new, favorite book.
I bought two new books today, one called Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer and another book called A Dark Matter by Peter Straub. I now have five on the go. I'm halfway through my Alex Miller book, Conditions of Faith, and a chapter into The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas. A friend lent me a pool book as well which I've started. This needs to stop. Whatsoever, I could have worse habits!
Now, which to choose tonight....

No comments:
Post a Comment