Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Book that Never Ends!


I won't give you the title, but I've been reading one of 'Oprahs Book Club' picks for the last six months and I swear, every time I pick it up, I'm half-way finished.

This book certainly hasn't been one of those 'ooh, I can't wait to read it' books, it's more like a 'hum, I need to finish this' book. I can't say the author's a bad writer, but you'd hope by the time you'd read half a book something interesting would've happened. I think what I've perused so far could have been summed up in four pages.

I have picked up a few of Oprah's favorites and I am beginning not to trust her oh-so-valued literary opinion. Does she get bribed by these authors to promote average books, or does she really, truly love these boring reads?!

Now, back to my book....hum....

1 comment:

villagegirl said...

Ooohhh. Don't love those kinds of books. Hope you finish it soon. :)