Thursday, January 29, 2009

FOURTY THREE DEGREES!


Today is the second day into Melbourne's 3-day high of 43 (109 F) degrees. I don't ever recall being in weather this hot, ever. To share with my readers as to how I'm feeling at the moment I thought I would create a list, so, here goes...

You know it's hot when:
  • your leather bag strap makes your shoulder sweat
  • you're in awe of the fact that you EVER wore jeans
  • you're not sure if it's hotter outside or inside your apartment
  • you have to sleep with a wet towel because cotton sheets are WAY too warm
  • the cat starts sleeping on the floor
  • most of the commuter train lines are cancelled because the tracks are buckling
  • the beach is packed at 9:30pm
  • you sweat standing still
  • having a cold shower is the only way to cool off at home
  • Bunnings (Home Depot) sells out of fans and air conditioners
  • wearing pants becomes an issue
I've been lucky in that my (air-conditioned) train has yet to be cancelled [knock on wood!] but if it does happen tomorrow my only option is an hour on a non-air-conditioned tram or driving to work in a non-air-conditioned car.

One more sleep until day three; I'm soaked just writing this. Wish me luck!

No comments: