Thursday, January 15, 2009

Birthday presents - thank you!!


With my birthday cash in hand, I hit the stores as soon as I arrived back on Melbourne soil! I (you) bought myself a new silver ring (photo to come), a white polka-dotted summer dress and two cookbooks, Marie Claire 'Fresh & Fast' (LCG, get this one! :) and Stephanie Alexanders 'Cooks Companion'.

My new years resolution of 'cooking more' is off to a good start! I've made myself two dinners in the three days I've been home. First was roasted spicy sweet potato and broccoli (with a dollop of Greek-style yogurt) and the second was zucchini and salted caper pasta, yum!

I also plan to get my PADI (diving) open water certificate this year as part of my birthday/Christmas gift, but I still have to book it.

In other news, I've spent a few hours this week getting my visa application together, it certainly is becoming a pain in my side so I look forward to sending it off next week! Immigration told me it takes 2-3 months to get approval which was good news.

I have yet to get on the exercise bandwagon as I'm giving myself a week to recuperate. It starts Monday!

No comments: