
Two friends and I went to see The Cinematic Orchestra in concert at the Palais Theatre in St Kilda Tuesday night. I wasn't sure what to expect live, as I've only recently started listening to a few of their CD's, but the concert was fantastic.
The 'orchestra' is made up of a brilliant: pianist/keyboardist (who could play both at once!), drummer, electric guitar player, acoustic guitar player/singer, bass player, sax/clarinet player, female vocalist, and 'computer guy' who generates their eclectic sounds.
Their music could be described as 'free jazz' and their performances blew us all away. We all sat quietly in our seats and melted into the sounds coming from stage. Each musician in the group was beyond talented and most of them had a solo to show off their musical skills.
A little sample from Tuesday night is on their website, click on their name above and have a listen!
No comments:
Post a Comment