Monday, October 13, 2008

All the Pretty Horses


It's that time again! The Spring Racing Carnival has arrived and out come the heels, hats, fake tan and glamorous dresses!

My friends B & M invited me to join them and their friend G in the members area at the Caulfield Cup on Saturday. We started early, B made a beautiful french toast breakfast and we were all ready to head to the track by 10:30!



Six hours, a bottle of champagne, beer and nine races later....

As luck would have it, my friend M won $1500, his friend G won $500, B broke even and me? Well, I lost about $20 a race x 9 races, plus the $8.70 I won back; you do the math! Ergh. Normally I would have put a cap on my betting but the odds just seemed so good! Sucked in!! Lesson learned.

No comments: