
My apologies for my lack of blogging! What have I been up to...? Well:
Exercise: I've continued to stick to my exercise regime and I've added yoga to the weekly schedule Wednesday nights after work. My CDN friend N has joined me the last two weeks so I have a buddy as well! Monday night I go to outdoor cardio (though I missed the last two weeks!) and Tuesday and Thursday mornings I am still swimming with my friend L. I get to the pool at 7:30am, swim until 8:10am then get ready and walk to the office which is just around the corner.
Friends: I have been hanging out with my good friend L a lot these days. We don't really get up to much but we spend a lot of time chatting, hanging out, drinking, eating and watching movies. I've also been spending more time with my workmate N - we're on the same page about a lot of things, she's got a big heart, a big laugh and she's always fun to go out with. We all usually end up out for sushi and/or a drink or two on Friday night.
Goodbyes: I sadly had to say goodbye to two friends in the last two weeks. First was my friend DD who headed off last weekend to sail the Whitsundays for 5 days (oh, so jealous!), then to spend time with his family in Queensland and then to London, UK until who knows when. I met DD about 3 years ago, we dated for a short time and have always stayed good friends. He's always been easy company as we read the same books, have the same sense of humour and appreciate the same cafe's, bars and restaurants in the city. I'll be missing him.
The second goodbye was to my friend O whom I used to work with years ago. O used to have a big temper at work and would sit at his desk swearing and banging his fists on his desk in fits of frustration. We all got a bit of a kick out of watching that, but out of the office he's laid back, quirky and fun. O is also going back to the UK so now I'll have three friends (can't forget Lucy) to visit in England!
Home: My housemate T and I are getting along fabulously and as the sun is starting to shine more and more these days, beach life is getting closer. Yesterday morning I awoke at 7am and went for a walk around the ocean shore at St Kilda beach; I can now get to the sea in 10 minutes on foot! I also have a new bed as my friend DD left me his double which I moved into my room yesterday. Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment