
Boy K arrived haphazardly in Melbourne on Monday. I mistakenly thought he was arriving at Tullamarine airport which is 15 minutes from our house, however he landed at Avalon which is an hour away. Obviously the instructions I gave him to get to our house went out the window but he managed to make it by train and walking. I don't know how, but he did it!
On Monday night we celebrated the comings and goings of boy K and D having girl K over for D's famous Asian noodle salad dinner. I'm thrilled to have my Canadian friends in town!
D left for Perth early on Tuesday morning *big pout*. In the evening we had my hair stylist extraordinaire L over for cuts and giggles. Girl K, boy K, my ex-housemate J and my friend I all came over to meet him. G made a fantastic feast for everyone and visited with us throughout the evening. Thanks G! We all looked fantastic before the night was through. My hair is now dark brown and I have short bangs (or a fringe as they say in Australia) :)
K & K took Lola out on a little road trip from Wed-Friday. I met up with them again on Friday for drinks and we went out to see Priscilla - the musical. It was a big theatrical drag show - the costumes were extraordinary and the actors were very entertaining. Two thumbs up from the three of us!Girl K headed off for Sydney yesterday (Sat) afternoon. After saying our goodbye's boy K and I wandered around the city and the botanical gardens and did a bit of shopping. We'll be doing something similar today I'm sure.
I've slowly been packing up my things in preparation for Perth. I'm not taking a lot over but I need to get organised and do a spring clean. It seems every time I open a drawer I find a load of new things to sort through! It's unbelievable what kind of junk I've kept.
I have to give D a BIG pat on the back. In the first four days of being in Perth he's managed to find us an apartment and a car - yay D! We're set!!
1 comment:
wow! sounds busy. Can't wait to hear all about your new home
Post a Comment