Tuesday, December 25, 2007

An Ode to my Christmas Present


For my Christmas surprise, D took me out to Melbourne's best restaurant, Vue de Monde, for an unimaginable culinary experience. I've been to a few fine dining restaurants but I had no idea what awaited us here.

Our sophisticated and gentlemanly server politely introduced himself and told us a little about what we were about to partake in. As the restaurant doesn't have menus, we told him what ingredients we disliked, how many courses we wanted, and he customized our order to suit our tastes.

The food we ate in the next four hours was absolutely the most exquisite, flavourful, delightful, mouth-watering morsels I have ever eaten.

Part of our eight courses included: a virtual melon ball served in a champagne flute, brioche with duck foie grois and green apple sauce, smoked salmon with salmon mousse, smoked trout with caviar, pigeon served three ways, risotto with truffles, venison with rose petals, , three creme deserts served in egg shells (will add picture once I load them!), a strawberry 'lava' dessert and chocolate with silver leaf, to name a few. Most of these ingredients I have never eaten before but I absolutely loved them all.

We both left the restaurant full-to-the-brim and without words. I am very spoiled :) Utterly FANTASTIC!!

No comments: