I've been a bit slack with the blogging so I'll give you a little summary as to what we've been up to.
November:
We had a few friends come down to visit. First was my good friend E and her family. It was their first time down here (in a long while anyways) and E, J and the girls, B & M, had a great time. We spent a bit of time down at the river, it's a good spot for the little ones to play as the water is close by and shallow. E brought down some of her delicious food and I made a pork roast for Sunday dinner. My friend S, who's also pregnant, and her husband D came down the following weekend. They camped in the park but we spent lots of time together. It's been a year since we've caught up so we had a lot to talk about - we even got B to play scrabble! It's always nice to be visited by familiar faces as I don't get to see friends too often.
I had my first book club meeting in Fo.ster last week. I loved it! There were twelve women, all older than myself (not including my fellow TR resident L). We ate dinner, laughed and chatted about life and books for a few hours. It was so nice to get out and meet new people! The ladies organised a Kris Kringle in which we all brought, wrapped and shared a book we loved. I ended up with 'Wolf Hall' by Hilary Mantel which I'm enjoying so far. The next meeting isn't until the end of January so it's a long wait until then.
December:
B and I bought a Christmas tree and decorations on Saturday and it's all up and looking great! I bought three packs of lights which were on sale (%50 off) and found out when we got home that they are solar panelled. Who sells solar panel Christmas lights!? Anyway, they don't work - what a waste! Christmas tree lights go back on the shopping list.
B and I have been trying to figure out our Christmas (and B's birthday) wish lists. I guess it's a good thing when you really have to ponder it. Does that mean we have everything we need?? I have managed to come up with a few small things and I bought B's birthday gift today. I hope he likes it.
I had my "new" laptop fixed a couple weeks ago and it's up and running again! I've got my mac mail sorted out, and now I just need to get iPhoto loaded on. I'm excited that I get to use my snazzy laptop again, and not just for boring old work.
Speaking of work, I let my director know about baby 3 yesterday. I'm sure not too many people working for them have had three babies on a single maternity leave, but hey. We don't really know what our plans are once my mat leave is up at the end of June so I'll be getting back to them (and you) with an update then.

No comments:
Post a Comment