Monday, May 7, 2012

It's been a while

I can't really say I've been busy but, raising six month old twins, I suppose I am.  Some days I don't change out of my pajamas.  Some days I shower.  Most days I don't leave the house, especially if it's raining.  I should get out more.

My days are mostly spent washing bottles, doing laundry, making baby food, changing diapers, feeding babies and getting babies to sleep.  I manage to squeeze three meals and about four cups of instant coffee in for me as well.  

We started swimming lessons last Wednesday.  I say 'swimming' lightly, it's more like holding the babies in the water singing silly songs. I was a bit stunned when I didn't know the words to these silly songs - everyone else seemed to.  Row, row, row your boat ended in 'if you see a crocodile, don't forget to scream'. Who knew!

S, my super-nanny, was with me at the pool.  We made the mistake of putting M & O in the water 20 minutes early (photo taken pre-lesson) so they were tired half-way through.  This they made very clear.  Getting wet, screaming babies dried off and back in the car is lots of fun.

I have met up with some other mums at a playgroup, an hours drive from here, a few times now.  Meeting new people is always a bit awkward so I'm not sure I'll keep going or not.  At least it's there if I need it.


2 comments:

Mama said...

Quite a lot of changes from a few years ago, but two nice ones! Happy Mother's Day to you!

Mama said...

Quite a lot of changes from a few years ago, but two nice ones! Happy Mother's Day to you!