We have the internet! So, here's the update...
We've now been in the park for three weeks. The move went well. We've met the neighbors and most of the parks staff, hired a nanny and B has started his new job.
The twins are settling in quite well and have been out for many walks around the park and campsite. We can't get too far with the stroller but that suits everyone just fine for now.
There is a beach and a 'tidal' river within 10 minutes of our house which we've all been to a few times now. I have yet to go for a swim though as the water is pretty cold. The closest town is an hours drive away - it takes at least 30 minutes to drive to the parks entrance.
Our house is quite roomy and bright. We have two living areas, an open kitchen, three bedrooms, one with an ensuite, a main bathroom with a big shower and separate tub, a laundry room and a storage room at the back with a door out to the yard. We have a lot more closets and storage than our last house though the kitchen could do with some work.
We are surrounded by greenery (which is what happens when you live in a national park!), and have so far had skinks, a blue-tongued lizard, cockatoos, a kangaroo and a wombat come to visit. I've also seen two echidnas roadside on my way out of the park. No scary spiders or snakes to speak of just yet!
B is enjoying his new job and they are keeping him busy. In his first week he was taken up in a helicopter to 'The Lighthouse' on the east coast of the park. If that's not how to get a man hooked on a new job, I don't know what is!
I spend my days with the babies and our nanny S. She's been fantastic, I can't imagine trying to take care of O & M on my own. You'd really have to leave one baby crying half the day. I feel very spoiled but if I didn't have her I think my sanity would be long gone by now. At least now I can occasionally find the time to blog!

No comments:
Post a Comment