Saturday, January 8, 2011

Visit Home

It's day fourteen into my trip back home.  I arrived in BC just in time for Christmas Eve and a 'surprise' Christmas Eve get-together at my dads where I was reaquainted with my sister, C and my very cute, curly-haired nephew J. 

Christmas day was spent with my mama, my good friend H and with my family in the 'Ford.  My Aunty J created another delicious Christmas feast and we all ate, chatted and watched the little ones open up all their presents.  This Christmas also included the first 'disco party' downstairs, including a shiny disco ball and tini breakdancers.

I spent New Years Eve in Vancouver with some of my very good friends.  We started out at my friend T's beautiful apartment in the city and then headed off to an old bar off Main Street.  We chatted and danced and brought in the New Year with a blonde, 7 foot tall drag queen named Barbie. Good times were had by all!

I have spent my time here with my mom and dad, my sister, C and my little nephew J, my grandparents, my aunts and cousins and hanging out with friends new and old.  I have also been dining out a lot which really is no surprise.  I've spent some money on new clothes but for the most part have just been enjoying doing not much of anything and spending time with loved ones.  Ah, home!

3 comments:

Mama said...

Great to have you home again!

Karie said...

It's been great visiting with you at Grandma & Poppa's. Hope to talk with you over skype too. Keep blogging - it gives us old folks some greatly needed entertainment!
If my identity shows up as Karie - that's how Matthew set it up. (it's another name I go by)

Neal said...

We love it...we love you!