Friday, January 14, 2011

Landed

Well, I made it back.  Thank you to my lovely friend H for driving me in to YVR between shifts, standing in the check-in line with me and joining me for dinner before my 14 hour flight to Auckland.  I made it to my gate on time as you said I would!

The flight to Auckland was a little turbulent but I slept for 10 hours of it.  I took my usual two doses of gravol after dinner and they knocked me out until breakfast.  My time in Auckland was short-lived as I only spent an hour wasting time before we boarded.  Only 3 1/2 hours left in the sky before landing in Melbourne! 

Oh, the landing!  It was a bumpy one and I was bracing myself and praying this wasn't 'it'.  There was a lot of fog outside of my window.  The pilot informed us that we had to maintain a holding pattern for 10 minutes as the wind had changed direction, was moving at 70kph, and visibility wasn't improving.

Our descent was a bit of a foggy roller coaster ride - my stomach ended up in my throat four times and a few people shrieked, then cheered when we hit the tarmac. I just took a big, deep breath. 

B met me at my gate and I was very happy to see him.  We have caught up on stories we've missed and he's now cooking me dinner.  I am very spoiled.

5 comments:

Mama said...

hi

Mama said...

Glad to know you are back on "solid" ground after your rough landing. Nice to talk to you yesterday too. Miss you already!

Heather said...

Come baaaaack!

Karie said...

pressure is on to comment and hope this works - glad you got home safe. Sounds like a bit of a rough ride. Makes me want to stay on the ground for a while even tho Vegas is starting to call.

Karie said...

yeah - it worked!