Thursday, July 15, 2010

'Wire' Addicts

B and I have become completely hooked on the HBO TV series The Wire.  We've now just finished season 4 and have one more season left to go.  We're not quite sure what to do after that as we've been glued to the DVD player for a month.  Exercise?  Sunshine?  What's that?

This show certainly isn't for the thin-skinned.  If you're offended by swearing and anything else that's liable to happen in the poorest, roughest neighborhood in Baltimore, I'd steer clear, but, oh do we love it!  The characters range from cops to gangsters to shipping port employees to 'corner kids' (pictured), to teachers and bad-news politicians.  OH what a tangled web they all weave!  The story just keeps getting messier and better and I can tell you, the good guys don't always win.

We'll start season 5 this weekend and who knows how many episodes we can get through before our holiday next week.  My guess?  We finish them all!

1 comment:

Lee said...

oooh...I will have to check it out.
Have fun on your holidays. I can't wait to see photos.