
My friend H left this morning and I was sad to see her go. She was on holidays from Vancouver and staying with us in St. Kilda for the last 2 1/2 weeks. We couldn't have asked for a more easygoing guest.
She's coming back with a few stories of adventure: being hit in the head with a Wedge tail eagle wing, seeing penguins and koalas in the wild, petting a kangaroo, getting caught in a thunderstorm at 2pm, swimming in the South Pacific and making a new best friend who covered her in fur.
To me, Melbourne is all about the food and drink so I introduced her to some of my favorite places. We had cocktails on the rooftop patio at Madame Brussels, pasta in the kitchen of the iconic Pellegrini's, a beautiful Spanish Grenache and tapas at Bar Louriñha, flat whites at 19 Squares, the BBB at Las Chicas, a Rosé at The Melbourne Supper Club, spritzers at Cookie, ciders in the cinema on The Rooftop, and chili crab and mussels at Claypots - delicious!

Right now she is flying back over the Pacific to Canada. She told me she couldn't stay because she has to work on Monday, but I think she could have arranged something ;)
See you soon my friend, Melbourne (and I) will miss you!
1 comment:
Aw! Thank you, my friend! I had an absolutely amazing time and I am bummed to be home again. Oh, how I long to be spending another Sunday with you again. Instead, I'm here, all alone in the dreary rain. Bah! I am so flattered to be the subject of one of your wonderful blog posts. Thank you so much again. I miss you tonnes already!
Post a Comment