I've been to see a couple amazing concerts in the last couple of weeks. The first was Coldplay who I'm now an even bigger fan of
(sorry you didn't get tickets LG & B!!)! I went with my friend N and we sang, danced and screamed our little heads off for the two hours we were there.
N & I both left with huge crushes on, the very spontaneous, energetic and entertaining, Chris Martin (the lead singer for those who don't know!). The acoustics were incredible and they played all of my favorite tunes; our only complaint was the one encore and that the oldies around us stayed seated for most of the show (though that didn't stop us)!
The second concert B, myself, and 79,998 other fans, attended at the MCG was called Sound Relief, a benefit concert for victims of the bushfire disaster. This was a once in a lifetime event to see an amazing lineup of international and Australian acts, a few to mention are: Jet, Kings of Leon, Augie March, Jack Johnson, Coldplay (telecast from Sydney), Split Enz, Hunters & Collectors, Kylie Minogue, Paul Kelly, Midnight Oil (together for a one-off performance) and (a surprise visit from) Crowded House who, among others, had the entire stadium on their feet singing. Prince William and Prince Harry (telecast from England) even paid their respects to the bushfire heros, victims and survivors.
B and I were at the concert for 10 hours straight. The weather was 'typical Melbourne' and we survived two torrential rain storms (covered by garbage bags) to see the entire show. It was a long, incredibly amazing day.
1 comment:
awesome. Yes...we are SUPER jealous!
Post a Comment