
From 7:30-8:10am every Tuesday and Thursday morning my friend L and I meet to swim. Since being in diapers I've been in water, but I've discovered that my technique needs some practice. Breathing whilst swimming freestyle is very hard work!
I have definitely improved my freestyle stroke over the last couple of months, from swimming half a lap of a 25m length pool to now being able to swim 2-3 laps non-stop. It really doesn't sound like much but I'm satisfied with my efforts for the moment!
Most mornings I find myself getting irked with at least one or two fellow patrons. Those who swim to fast in the slow lane and those who swim to slow in the fast lane. Those who take up lane space to chat and those whose arms flail around like a windmill and knock you as you swim past. Those who splash to much. Those who wear foot and hand-flippers (yes, they make these!) and a snorkel so they can swim faster. Now, is it just me or is that cheating?? I thought the whole point of swimming for exercise was to...exercise!
1 comment:
watch out...a woman at work has been off for over a week with a concussion (sp?) from the pool. Head on collision with another swimmer!
Post a Comment