Monday, November 3, 2008

Almost Honest

I've been given a four-day long weekend for the Melbourne Cup tomorrow so I decided last night would be as good as any to hit the town. As I didn't want to carry a bag around all night I stuffed my hoodie with my keys, bank card, ID, money and my phone. I kept a close eye on it all night but at one point in the evening I placed it on a chair next to someone and before I knew it it was gone.

Immediately I told the staff who proceeded to review the cameras and it appeared it was accidentally taken with the groups other belongings. Ergh!

My friends and I sent my phone a text and a few hours later, to my relief, I got a reply. They said I could pick my things up the next day. Phew!!

This morning I drove across town to pick up my things. The group arrived (still) together by taxi and handed me my phone, my bank card, my BC drivers licence and my keys, but it seems that the $105 I had in my pocket had mysteriously 'disappeared'. They tried to tell me they didn't take it, that it must have fallen out, but give me a break!

I'm grateful to have my things back but disappointed that these 'good' Samaritans couldn't have been honest. May karma get them in the end!

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I know, I really should be grateful!!