
I had a short work week this week due to the Melbourne Cup on Tuesday; I think Melbourne is probably one of the only cities in the world who has a public holiday for a horse race.
129,000 people came to watch the cup this year. My friends and I were a few of many gathered in the general admission area; we brought a blanket to sit on, some snacks to eat and sipped our champagne as we awaited each race.
I put a few bets on and picked the winner of the cup, a horse named Efficient, though I only won $23.75 back out of the $60 I forked out. Oh well!
The best part of 'the races' is the people-watching, especially of the ladies adorning heels, dresses and feathered hats and fascinators. What a treat to be able to dress up like this for a day!

And here's a little video about the race: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3D7aht103E
Happy Cup Day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment