
Housemate No. 2 moved out the other week and left me an empty bedroom to take over. As soon as I could I moved my things into my new bigger and better bedroom. The room itself isn’t that much larger than my old room but I now have… a closet! I don’t think a girl realizes how important having a closet is until you’re deprived.
For the last fourteen months, in just over a metre, I had clothes hung on top of more clothes, shoes hanging on vertical shoe storage and bags squashed underneath it all. Now that I have more space means I have more empty spaces to fill. I have new blank walls to cover up with photos and more empty closet space to replenish with new clothes and shoes.
For too long my fear of shipping my possessions back to Vancouver kept me from buying those many knick-knacks that make a bedroom your own; but I got over it and I now have a closet full of clothes and shoes, two dressers, a stack of framed photos, a shelf full of books and two Walter Knoll Turtle chairs (which I won last year). The cost of shipping my things home has gone up exponentially but inhabiting a badly decorated bedroom was too much to bear for this aspiring designer. Ce la vie.
No comments:
Post a Comment