
I finally bought myself a new pair of shoes last week. I paid $40 for my last pair of black flats and I've worn them close to every day since. They've come a long way, though now the soles and heels are torn to shreds, my feet get wet if I wear them in the rain and I need to be careful where I take them off as the smell isn't pretty. Synthetics are not the best bang for your buck.
My new Spanish ‘Wonders’ shoes have leather lining, leather uppers and rubber soles. I get the feeling they will last a lifetime.
I took my new shoes on their walking premier the other day. They were great at first, but about fifteen minutes into my walk my heels started aching; by the time I made it to Fitzroy the shoes were excruciatingly unbearable. My blisters had formed and popped. A common story among women and they’re new shoes.
My heels have been bandaged for the last five days and the blisters are heeling well. I wore my ‘Wonders’ around the office yesterday and it seems to me the leather has stretched, a little bit. I’m too afraid to leave home without a pair of backups but I know soon, oh yes soon, they will be my full time favorite new shoes.
1 comment:
shoes...glorious new shoes. I feel your excitement!
Post a Comment