Saturday, February 21, 2009

Diving with Seadragons


Last Sunday I was fitted for a wetsuit, boots, fins and a matching mask and snorkel; I picked the colour blue.  I spent a few of my evenings this week diligently studying my PADI Open Water dive book and answering questions in the open book test.

Today was our theory class and I passed with flying colours.  Any fears I had about being deep underwater have fizzled.  Shark attacks never happen, running out of air is nearly impossible and if anything goes wrong you're 'buddy' is always nearby.  I certainly won't be doing any Planet Earth cave dives anytime soon in this course, nor do I need to!  

Our class is all females, and at 9am tomorrow we hit the outdoor pool in all our new scuba gear.  Next weekend we'll be diving to 18m in Portsea, at the end of the Mornington Peninsula, a beautiful spot 1 1/2 hours drive from where I live.  The Weedy Seadragon lives there :) 

I have a sneaky suspicion that this could be the start of something wonderful!  

No comments: